How to Duplicate a PM
How to Duplicate a PM in Web Central
How to Duplicate a PM
In this document, you will learn how to change a PM Procedure from monthly to weekly by duplicating the PM Procedure and PM Procedure steps, scheduling the new PM, and un-scheduling the old PM. This is because the maintenance frequency is changing at the frequency is a part of the PM Procedure code so we are creating a new PM to track when the frequency of maintenance changed. However, these steps can be applied to any PM Procedure change.
- Create PM Procedure
- Create PM Procedure Steps
- Define PM Schedule
- Un-schedule Old PM
- Add PM to SLA
Steps to Complete
- On the left-hand sidebar, click on ‘Preventive Maintenance’ > ‘PM Manager’ > ‘Define PM Procedures, Steps, and Resources’
- Look up the old PM Procedure. The best way to do this is to click on the three dots in the search box and look up by PM Procedure. Tip: Make sure to click on the ‘Show’ button after you have selected the PM Procedure, otherwise the PM Procedure will not load.
- Open the PM Procedure by clicking on the procedure.
- Copy the data from this PM Procedure to the PM Procedure you are trying to create. Tip: Taking a screenshot of this page is helpful in copying the information over.
- Click on the arrow to the left of the PM Procedure to show the Procedure Steps.
- Copy the Instructions to a Notepad so you can paste the Instructions in the new PM Procedure.
- Repeat steps 5 and 6 if there are trades, parts, or tools also associated with the PM.
- To create the new PM Procedure, click the ‘Add New’ button and in the dropdown click ‘Procedure’. Look at your screenshot and copy the data from the old PM Procedure, keeping in mind to change the necessary information in the PM Procedure. In this example, we are changing ‘1W-AUD-SEAT-INSP’ to ‘1M-AUD-SEAT-INSP’. Tip: Remember to Save the PM Procedure.
- Once the PM Procedure is saved you need to search for the new PM Procedure. In the PM Procedure Search, click on the three dots again and look for the new PM Procedure.
- Once the new PM Procedure is found. Click on the PM Procedure, then click on the ‘Add New’ button. This time click on the ‘Step’ button of the dropdown.
- Then copy the Instructions from the Notepad and paste the Instructions into the ‘Instructions’ text box. Tip: Remember to Save the PM Procedure.
- Next, click on the Step in the left-hand side. Then click ‘Add New’ but click the ‘Trades’ button of the dropdown.
- Add the Trade Code and the Hours Required into the text boxes. Tip: Remember to Save the PM Procedure.
- Now, under the Maintenance tab on the left-hand sidebar, go to ‘Preventive Maintenance’ > ‘PM Manager’ > ‘Define PM Schedules’.
- Search for the old PM Procedure in the text box so we can find the Location of the Procedure if it is a location procedure, or the Equipment of the procedure if it is an equipment procedure. This will show you how to assign the new PM.
- Then, under the Maintenance tab on the left-hand sidebar, go to ‘Preventive Maintenance’ > ‘PM Manager’ > ‘Assign Procedures to Equipment or Location’.
- Under the ‘Location’ tab, type in the ‘Room Code’ (as found in the previous step) and click the check box. Then find the ‘Available Procedure’ and click the check box. Then click ‘Add Selected’.
- Next, click on the blue ‘Schedule’ button of the old PM Procedure so we can copy any information we need from the Schedule Information. In this case, we need the Est. Hours to Complete and that it is a Floating PM. Info: A Floating PM is when the ticket won’t generate unless the first ticket is completed. A Fixed PM is when the ticket will generate every week regardless of first ticket status.
- Next delete the old PM Procedure. This will unscheduled the old PM Procedure.
- Then, Schedule the new PM Procedure but clicking on the blue ‘Schedule’ button and add the information you copied from the old PM Procedure. Make sure to add the Interval Type. This will be whether the PM Procedure is Monthly, Weekly, etc. In this case, the Current Frequency is 1 and the Freq. 1 Interval is 1. Tip; Remember to Save the Schedule.
- To Assign a PM to an Equipment, click on the ‘Equipment’ tab. Then check the procedure you want in the ‘Available Procedure’ tab. Then click ‘Add Selected’. To schedule the PM Procedure, follow the same steps as if you were adding this PM to a location.
- Next, under the Maintenance tab on the left-hand sidebar, go to ‘Preventive Maintenance’ > ‘Manage Service Level Agreements’.
- Click on the ‘More’ button to show to drop down.
- Search for the existing PM Procedure as this is the SLA we want to edit.
- Next, click the blue ‘Edit Details’ button when the SLA is found.
- Scroll to the bottom of the module that pops ups. Under the PM Procedure text box, click the ‘Add More’ text.
- Another module will pop up and you need to select all the PM Procedures. You can do this by clicking the arrow next to the PM Procedure text. Then click the gray ‘X’ next to the PM Procedure Description text box. Info: If all the PM Procedures are not checked, they will be DELETED from the SLA. So, make sure all the PM Procedures are checked.
- Next, search for the new PM Procedure and click the check box. Then click ‘Save Selected’.
- Next, click on the ‘Proceed to next step’ button. Make sure the information is correct.
- Click the ‘Next’ button and then hit the ‘Save’ button.
- You’re done.
Was this helpful?
0 / 0