Designed for teams, workgroups, and enterprises that want a streamlined, two-way exchange of information from a centralized repository to field personnel, contractors, or any other authorized users with mobile devices, the ARCHIBUS Mobile Framework provides secure, real-time access to ARCHIBUS Web Central on Apple iOS™ and Google Android™- based tablets and smart phones, to help improve the timeliness and quality of information. Unlike work processes that are not mobile-enabled, the ARCHIBUS Mobile Framework provides a cost-effective, flexible infrastructure to simplify work processes, minimize the use of error-prone printouts and written notes, improve workgroup efficiency, and lower operational costs.
Key Benefits of ARCHIBUS mobile are:
1) Lowers the overall cost of providing a two-way exchange of information to and from a centralized repository to mobile-enabled personnel, compared to traditional work processes
2) Gives immediate access to graphical and nongraphic reports, forms, and views—anytime, anywhere—with a Wi-Fi, the Internet, or a cellular network connection
3) Supports semi connected native mobile apps to ensure work continuity and productivity, even when no connection is available
ARCHIBUS mobile provides support to multiple customer-responsive apps, which can be configured once and then delivered immediately to a wide range of mobile devices in use within an organization through a centralized administrator. It integrates mobile connectivity seamlessly with IT enterprise mobile governance policies and conforms to preexisting enterprise work processes using the ARCHIBUS repository. This simplifies the execution of discrete, repetitive tasks by providing accurate information and tools at the right time, in the right place. The overall ARCHIBUS Mobile Framework includes: ARCHIBUS Apps for reserving rooms and hoteling spaces, locating people or spaces, requesting facility services, surveying rooms and employees, managing space, managing maintenance, reporting incidents, conducting commissioning and condition assessments, and updating asset and equipment inventories. The ARCHIBUS Workplace Services Portal, Space & Occupancy Survey, Space Book, Maintenance, Incidents Reporting, Assessments, and Asset & Equipment Survey Apps provide these functions. Facility and real estate organizations can transform the way they work by leveraging the mobile devices that are all but ubiquitous among their staff. To do so, they need mobile software that automatically manages the information flow into their enterprise applications so all relevant data—from space-allocation reports to work requests and management reports—remain accurate. And they need this mobile software to work within IT’s policies for securing, deploying, and connecting mobile devices. To fill this need, the ARCHIBUS Mobile Framework connects a full range of workflow processes directly from mobile apps, using live and/or semi connected access to ARCHIBUS while ensuring proper validation of field-submitted data, oversight of field submissions, and adherence to centrally defined business rules and workflows. To provide smooth deployment and easy administration, the ARCHIBUS Mobile Framework uses the same centralized security and authentication that are already established with ARCHIBUS Web Central. The System Administration / ARCHIBUS System Administration / Mobile Apps Manager process provides a series of personalization features for System Administrators:
- Graphics. The Edit SVG Drawing Publishing Rules task controls how the ARCHIBUS Publish Enterprise Graphics command creates graphics that appear on mobile devices from your AutoCAD DWG files.
- Thematic Highlights and Labels. The Select Space Book Plan Types controls which floor plans appear in Space Book and how they are highlighted and labeled. You can use standard ARCHIBUS views to define highlights and labels, and to define those views using the View Definition Wizard.
- Fields. The ARCHIBUS Manage Asset & Equipment Surveys console has a Change Fields to Survey task that controls which fields appear on the Asset & Equipment Survey form. This feature illustrates how the ARCHIBUS Mobile Framework generates fields for forms dynamically from the standard ARCHIBUS data-dictionary of information. The ARCHIBUS Mobile Framework also includes extensive support for Add-in Managers creating their own apps:
- HTML5. The ARCHIBUS Mobile Framework allows Add-in Managers to use HTML5-based techniques to create mobile apps once and then run them on a variety of mobile devices. The ARCHIBUS Mobile Framework and ARCHIBUS Mobile Client take care of device-dependent conditions, allowing you to work faster, creating apps just once—and still deploy them on a wide variety of devices.
- SVG. The ARCHIBUS Publish Enterprise Graphics feature now can publish any ARCHIBUS asset type—from jacks and equipment to rooms and buildings—to the SVG format that you can display on mobile devices. The ARCHIBUS Mobile Framework lets you add highlights, labels, events, and actions to these asset symbols to provide the interactivity your apps need to display and edit information intuitively.
- Synchronization. The ARCHIBUS Mobile Framework provides synchronization features that hide all complex details of synchronizing data between Web Central and your mobile devices and of working off-line in a semi connected mode.
- Images. The synchronization features can transfer not only data but also images such as photographs of building conditions.
- Workflow. The ARCHIBUS Mobile Framework can call all of the existing ARCHIBUS business logic and workflows from your mobile apps, meaning that you can reuse—rather than reinvent—all of the ARCHIBUS application functionality for mobile use.
- Forms. You can alter any ARCHIBUS App forms or create your own.
- Drawing and Redlining. The framework provides a drawing and redlining control that you can embed in your own apps.
- Document Viewing Control for Multiple File Formats. In addition to the existing feature for displaying bitmap images, the Framework has a new feature for displaying pdf, docx, xlsx, and pptx files within mobile apps. On iOS the feature uses the iOS browser; on Android the feature loads the file from the file system.
- Barcoding Support. The Framework provides support for scanning a wide variety of barcode formats using the built-in camera for each mobile device. Add-In Managers can use this functionality as well as the other Cordova hardware plugin functionality already provided in the Framework for Battery Status, Camera, Contacts, Device Motion (Accelerometer), Device Orientation (Compass), Dialogs, File Transfer, Geolocation, Media recording and playback, Media Capture, Network Information, and Vibration.
Was this helpful?
0 / 0